Thursday, February 7, 2013

Today was a BIG day.

Today was a big day for our house.

If you know Dean and I at all, you know that during the course of our entire marriage (and majority of our relationship all together), Dean has worked overnights. 

This means him being gone from around noon on day one and not coming back until around around 4-5pm on day five.

It's been difficult, and long. 

To say I'm excited to go to sleep next to my husband every night is an understatement. 

I'm excited to be able to make the bed every day, and get chores done during the day instead of being up until 1 AM getting them done.

I'm excited to have my husband back on a normal schedule and not have to keep killing his body switching his sleep schedule.

I'm excited for Dean to be here to put the baby to bed every night, and for the ability to come home for lunch and for us to be able to visit him while he's at work.

I'm just SO excited. 



An update on the baby: He has TWO teeth! TWO!

We have our 9 month well child visit on his actual 9 month birthday so we'll get accurate standings on size. 

Everyone keeps telling me how small he is and how he doesn't look like a 9 month old, and I'm not going to lie, it worries me. It's not like he was a premie, we went two weeks past our due date for crying out loud. He was an average size baby at birth, and eats 3 meals a day, and nurses 3-4 times a day and at least once at night. 

Dean says I shouldn't worry because he was tiny when he was little, but I still can't help to. 

I'll let you know what the pediatrician says at his check-up.

Fingers crossed everything is ok, and fingers crossed she gives the go-ahead to start weaning and transitioning to whole milk... because we're both ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment