Tuesday, June 12, 2012

ONE MONTH

To My Beautiful Baby Boy:

Today you are one month old. 

You're currently laying asleep on my arm, making it very difficult to type, but I wouldn't dare move you, not only for fear of waking you up, but also because I know this time of you sleeping on me or with me will soon be gone, and I dread it. 

In the past month, we've gotten to know each other pretty well. We've pretty much mastered breast feeding, and I think we've both become very fond of your pacifier or "ninny" as I like to call it.

It seems like every day you are smiling more and more and trying to "talk" and it's just about the most adorable thing I've ever seen. 

Last night, while laying in your bassinet, you knocked your ninny out of your mouth with your hands. I watched as you tried to get it back in your mouth on your own, but you couldn't quite do it, so I was right there to help.

I'll always be right there to help, and I think you know that already. Sometimes when you look at me, I can see the trust in your eyes, and I fall even more in love with you. 

We've gotten into a pretty good "routine" at this point. We usually wake up between 6 and 8 and nurse, and then are up for about an hour or two. Then, we take a nap and get back up anywhere from 10-12. The day goes on with nursing, two hours of play, an hour nap. Repeat. Over, and over and over again.
Around 8 or 9 we get a bath (on bath nights), lotion up, jammies on, nurse and we're down for the count. You usually wake up about twice a night, for a quick feeding, and we're back to the beginning.

By the way, you LOVE your baths. Whenever I can't calm you down, a bath will always do the trick. You also LOVE the hairdryer we keep by your changing table to dry out "your area" before putting on a new diaper (we WILL NOT get diaper rash in this house!) Your favorite positions are laying on either mine or Daddy's chest, and you love to just be snuggled tight. 

So that's our on month update little boy. 
I want time to just slow down already.

I love you more than you'll ever know.


No comments:

Post a Comment