Friday, January 3, 2014

Happy New Year Ya'll

It's 2014. 
There are a LOT of things happening this year.
Which also means I have a LOT of 'Resolutions' or Goals as I like to call them, for the new year.

In order to keep to my resolutions, I'm going to write them here AND on my fridge so I can hold myself accountable for them and maybe everyone else can help hold me accountable for them as well.


-: NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS :-

1. Cook at least 5 nights a week

2. Work out at least once a week

3. Read my Bible more

4. Blog every Friday at minimum

5. See my family more

6. Be a better wife & mother



So let's back up for those of you who don't know.

Since September 24 (date sound familiar? that's because it's our anniversary. Irony at it's finest folks), our house here in West Virginia has been on the market. Dean has been living separately from Baby Dean and I since that day as well, because he transferred to one of the new Wal-Marts in DC. He's working an average of 14 hour shifts 5 days a week over night so when he was off we would see him for about a day and a half. This has been the hardest thing either of us has ever been through. I'm happy to say though, we signed a contract on our home on December 10 and are now just TWO days away from moving back together under the same roof! We settle on the house on January 10, and will officially have no ties to WV anymore! Dean's hours and shifts are going to be the same for a while; there's no sign of his schedule letting up any time soon, BUT tomorrow starts his week vacation so I'm happy to finally spend time with him for more than a day (even if it is moving us into our new apartment!) Baby Dean I know will be thrilled to finally see his Daddy everyday too. This hasn't just been hard on us. I give a lot of credit to the military and military wives. It's been a long three months, and I have no idea how military members and their families do this for months and years at a time. 
We're moving into an apartment in Catonsville, MD just a half hour to Westminster, 45 minutes to an hour to Union Bridge and 45 minutes to an hour to Hanover. DO YOU HEAR ME?! We are within an hour to ALL of our family!!!! That takes off an hour to both of my parents and a half hour to Dean's parents! We're beyond excited to finally be close to everyone, that we can start having friends again, and start our roots as a family in Maryland. West Virginia is great and all, but it's difficult when you have to drive 45 minutes just to see ANYONE you know. 
This is all coming in perfect timing, because, we are expecting Baby #2 on June 13, 2014!




Today, I'm 17 weeks along. We find out in the end of January if it's a girl or boy. Everyone in our lives wants it to be a girl, but I'm secretly hoping for another boy. I think it's a boy too, but to be honest, I'm not 100% on that. With Baby Dean, I knew from the get-go that it was a boy, but this one is kinda throwing me for a loop. Obviously I'll be happy either way. 

So here we are. January 3, moving from WV to MD, pregnant with baby #2, and trying to make a better me. I think the whole purpose of New Year Resolutions isn't to set a goal and try for a month and fail (because let's face it, that's how the majority of resolutions go). I think the point of resolutions is to really identify what isn't the best about each of us and at least make an attempt to make it better. How often is it that we sit down and say "I should do this more" or "I need to change this about myself" and actually follow through with it? Why not at least make a goal and make small steps to accomplish that goal? I'd rather set a goal and fail to complete it then not make a goal at all. I'd rather be honest with myself about things and come to the realization that *gasp* I'm NOT perfect, and try to make myself a better me. Wouldn't you? What better time than the new year to start striving to be better versions of ourselves?

We have a lot going on in this house. But I promise to start blogging once a week at minimum. Hold me to it, k?

Image Credit : Karen Leigh Studios

Happy New Year, 
from all FOUR of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment