Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Looks like my son will be born on....

If you read my last post, you know that this morning I had a doctor appointment. 

My 41 week doctor appointment. 

We discovered that since my last appointment I lost a little over half a pound, which apparently is normal for this stage of the game. 
My blood pressure is still good.
Still no protein in the urine -- (in case you're wondering, this, along with blood pressure is how they keep check that you don't have preeclampsia)
And Baby's Heart Rate was spot on!

She checked me again, and well. Absolutely no change since Sunday/Friday. 
1 cm dilated
50% effaced
-3 station

SUPER! 
(major sarcasm here people)

So they scheduled my induction. 

Seems as though, [unless by some great power he comes earlier (doubtful)] that I will be having my son on!

Monday, May 14, 2012

Unless it takes longer than 24 hours
Which I don't think is possible or likely with an induction
OR
For some reason the maternity ward on that day is going CRAZY with ladies giving birth

So after they scheduled my induction and gave me my paperwork, they hooked me up and gave me a Non-Stress Test (NST) to make sure Baby is doing ok, and will be alright until Monday to be born.

After 45 minutes of the NST, and it was only supposed to be 20, the midwife came in and saw that Baby's Heart Rate and movement were really good, and under no stress.

I felt so terrible for Dean too. He worked last night and works again tonight, so he was sitting there, just about falling asleep the whole time. He's such a good husband and going to make such an amazing father. I'm so proud to call him mine. 

So, now I've been home for a bit, I took a nice long nap and now I'm going to plan some meals I can make and freeze this weekend for when we come home from the hospital when I don't feel like cooking. 

OH YEAH! I think when the midwife checked me she stripped my membranes again. I've been really crampy and having a few random contractions since my appointment. Not just that but when she was checking me, she said something along the lines of "See if I can help get something started"

So yep! That's it.

I'll STILL be pregnant on my first Mother's Day. Some would say I don't get celebrated then, others say I would. We'll see if I get a card from my unborn child 

No comments:

Post a Comment