Wednesday, October 3, 2012

We like White Trash Things

So, Pinterest isn't a complete waste of time. In fact, I've found several items on it which have helped me to decorate our home, recipes that have satisfied our taste buds, and crafts to keep in mind to do with the babes once he's a little older.

When I find a recipe on Pinterest that is not only easy to make but also both I AND the hubs enjoys... Well I feel like I've won the lottery. You see, my husband has what I like to call "simple taste buds". He dislikes my homemade spaghetti sauce, he would rather have canned Manwich sandwiches than my homemade BBQ sandwiches, my family's recipe for chili? No thanks, he'll take the canned stuff. The guy doesn't even like stuffing for crying out loud. So you see my dilemma when planning meals. Also my future dilemma when it comes to making sure Baby Dean has a broad palate.

So as I was scrolling along Pinterest one night I found an intriguing recipe titled, "White Trash Casserole". We tried it for the first time a few weeks ago and it was big hit. I made it again tonight, packed half for Dean for lunch, and had a plate myself, and determined I should share my great find.


WHITE TRASH CASSEROLE
(not my recipe! Found on Pinterest!)
So the ingredients are as follows:

1 pound ground beef
1 onion chopped
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can of corn drained
1 block of Velveeta Cheese cubed
1 bag of Tater tots

Now, to make.

Preheat oven to 350.

Brown the ground beef and onion together, then drain.

Put the ground beef and onion mixture in the bottom of a casserole dish

Pour can of Cream of Musheroom soup over ground beef mixture.

Pour can of corn over cream of mushroom soup.

Put Velveeta cheese cubes on top of corn.

Put tater tots on top of cheese.

Bake for 45 minutes or until tater tots are golden brown. (Be sure all tater tots are cooked! Not just the ones on top!)

And that's it!

The beautiful creation comes out looking like this:


And after you take one scoop out:


And when you place a whole bunch in a tupperware container for your husband to take to work:



The best part of this stuff is that it reheats SO well. Seriously, it tastes like it's fresh out of the oven once you reheat it days later. 

It is also SO filling. Like two serving spoons full on a plate fill me up for an entire night. 



So go on and get white trash with yourself! 

Don't forget to pull out your TV tray and eat it while watching Honey Boo Boo.



Oh I went there :)


1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT! AND THE HONEY BOO BOO REFERENCE!

    ReplyDelete