Monday, November 19, 2012

14-19 PLUS a bonus "white girl rage"

Just so you know, I keep a log in my phone of what I'm thankful for daily, I just don't make it to the computer daily. 

So, here is your weekly update.

Day 14: Thankful for my father.
We may not have the closest relationship or always had the best relationship, but I'm thankful for the man that has always been there for me. He's never been shy to tell me he's proud of me and proud of everything I've done. I know that no matter what happens in life, I can turn to my Dad for advice and for a listening ear, and I'm thankful to have my Dad by my side.

Day 15: Thankful for my father-in-law.
My father-in-law is one person that never ceases to amaze me. He is someone that everyone could take a lesson from. No matter what happens, he is always there for his family, and will do whatever is needed to help someone out. He has helped us far beyond repayment and I'm so thankful to be able to call him my father-in-law

Day 16: Thankful for my step mom.
What to say about this woman that came into my life almost 5 years ago. My step-mom and I have this special bond, one that has not replaced my own mother and I's, but is one that cannot be replaced itself. I love this woman more than she probably knows, and am so thankful to have her. She makes my father happier than I've ever seen him, and makes my family life feel complete. She goes above and beyond for my family and I can never thank her enough for everything she has done. 

Day 17: Thankful for all of my siblings.
For those of you who don't know, I have 2 sisters and 2 brothers (1 step sister, 1 biological sister, 1 half brother, and 1 brother-in-law) and I am smack dab in the middle of all of them. While my little brother can't do much now, he always puts a smile on my face and is a great uncle already. My sister and I have had our ups and downs, but we both know that we will always be there for each other no matter what. My step-sister in a force to be reckoned with. Quick to defend (and possibly kill) anyone that hurts me or anyone in my family, she is one person that I know will always be there and support any decision I make. I couldn't be more thankful that she was the bonus package that came with my step-mom. My brother-in-law, well, I've always viewed him as my brother, ever since Dean and I got together. He's a great guy, one that I'm thankful for always. He (sometimes) keeps my husband out of trouble and is a great uncle to our son, whether he realizes it or not.

Day 18: Thankful for my birthing experience.
I read this blog daily. And after reading her struggle to come to terms with the delivery of her second child, and all the women of the world that struggle with the same thing, it makes me take a step back and be thankful for the birthing experience I had with Baby Dean. I didn't think I had such a great experience, and while it definitely could have been better, I'm thankful for what I did have. Too many woman want more than anything to experience a natural childbirth, experience what our bodies were made to do, and never get the chance to. I took it for granted, but I won't anymore, and I won't with any future children we have too. 

Day 19: Thankful for my husband's job.
I will admit, I am one that is quick to complain about my husband's job. It keeps him away from us for days at a time, I go to bed without him constantly, and it puts stress on him that's unreal. BUT. I'm thankful for it. He truly loves his job (except for the months of October-December) and it provides for my family, and allows me to be a stay-at-home Mom and raise our son. His job is stable, reliable, and one that too many people in America today would gladly take.

WHICH BRINGS ME TO MY NEXT POINT.

Wal-Mart employees protesting.

This DISGUSTS me. 

Claiming they want their minimum wage raised to $13 an hour?!
They want respect.
They don't want to work Black Friday or other holidays?!

Uhm hey, how about our military personnel, fire fighters, police officers, and all the millions of others that have no choice but to work on holidays?
Do you think they could protest this?

We all want to make more, but guess what. YOU WORK AT WAL-MART.
You want to make more? Go to college, get a higher paying job. 
Tell the over 8% of Americans that don't have a job that you want to make more money. 
Because I'm PRETTY sure they'd love to switch places and make $8 an hour rather than nothing.

Wal-Mart has a great system in place that allows its employees to freely go to their managers and discuss issues they're having. Respect in the workplace is one that they can talk to someone about. That manager doesn't do anything? Go to the next higher up manager until something IS done. 

People think Wal-Mart is some big bad company but they don't know how much good they do. 
Has anyone made mention of the fact that Wal-Mart has allowed victims of Hurricane Sandy to not pay on their credit card until they can? They are working with these people to help them, but no one makes mention of it. No one makes mention of the millions of dollars the company raises and donates yearly to the Children's Miracle Network. No one makes mention of the fact that Wal-Mart continues to hire when other companies cannot. 

I'm not saying this because of my husband or because I use to work for the company, or because I know TONS of people that worked and continue to work for the company. 

I'm saying it for the soldier that won't get to see his family for thanksgiving OR christmas OR new years.
For the fire fighter that has to miss his anniversary dinner because he got caught up on a call.
For the police officer that fears daily he will never see his kids again. 

Be Thankful for your jobs people. 

Because YOU could be a lot worse off.

No comments:

Post a Comment