Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Day 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 & 13. Oh AND I have a SIX MONTH OLD! WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN?!

I'm not gonna lie, it's getting more and more difficult to list what I'm thankful for. 

I mean, I'm thankful for everything and everyone in my life, so I guess it's the pin-pointing of what I'm thankful for is what's getting difficult.

Ok, let's continue.


Day 8: Thankful for new recipes.

This one is kinda dumb, but hear me out. 
On this day, I tried a new recipe I saw on TV and my loving husband was so amazing he actually ate his portion and then politely told me afterward not to make it again.
We have this little agreement that he eats anything once, and then honestly tells me if it's good enough to make again. He has a very simple taste palate. He'd prefer frozen fish sticks over homemade lasagna any day.
So this was a recipe for bacon wrapped meatloaf, and even though I'm not to make it again, it wasn't "SO terrible" AND it was the first time I made meatloaf on my own.

Day 9: Thankful for my Mother-in-law

I'm very thankful that I have a mother-in-law that I get along with, and talk to on a daily basis.
I'm thankful that she's there to help Dean and I when we need it, and cares so much about us and Baby Dean. She's always pulled me into the kitchen to watch her make meals the way she does so I can replicate on my own, and always lends an ear when things get rough.

Day 10: Thankful for my Mom

On Saturday, Baby Dean and I went to visit my Mom and we had a great time.
We always have a great time when we visit and it's unfortunate that we don't get to visit more.
I'm thankful for everything my Mom has taught me, and how she raised me to be so self sufficient.
The one thing my Mom raised me to be was (and this sounds bad) but low maintenance.
I'm not someone that needs lots and lots of fancy things. I don't need to be going out and shopping or doing things or spending money constantly. And I got that from my Mom.
She taught me to craft and cook and bake and make due with what you have.
And I love her for that.

Day 11: Thankful for all the Veterans

I'm thankful that there is a day dedicated to the men and women that have fought for our freedom.
The freedom to file a petition to secede from the United States (Don't EVEN get me started on the ignorance of this BUT, we have that freedom).
My brother-in-law and may as well be other brother-in-law are both marines, and several members of my family were in the armed forces, and I know the sacrifices they make, all for millions of people they've never met.
I will forever be thankful for all veterans.

Day 12: Thankful for my Little Boy

Which better day to be thankful for my son than on his SIX MONTH birthday.
Half a year. Can't believe it. Time is definitely going too fast.
I never believed in love at first sight until I had him.
He doesn't judge me for not getting out of my PJs for an entire day, and thinks I'm wonderful no matter what I do or say or look like.
He makes me smile just by looking at me, and is honestly the greatest thing that has ever happened in my life.

Day 13: Thankful for crockpots

Seriously. Who isn't?
I put dinner in the crockpot at 9 am this morning and it was ready at 5, no maintenance needed.
Crockpots are one of the greatest things man has ever invented.




Ok, now as if this wasn't long enough. Now. Time to do a monthly update.

At six months, we LOVE eating solid food, which isn't really solid, it's pureed solid food. We eat twice a day, and is usually a bowl of cereal and either a vegetable or fruit. We've gotten through all the store bought veggies, so now we are working on fruits. We started bananas today and surprisingly were just as interested in them as we were in peas and green beans.
We LOVE to crawl around, and have even started following Mom when she leaves the room.
We nap twice a day, for about two hours each nap.
Little kids and toy commercials are quick to grab our attention, and we cannot get enough tickles.

Current dislikes are being left alone in a room for too long, and still getting our diaper changed.





For more current pictures:








This is what happens when I put him down to change a diaper... (no worries, I disinfect this bad boy constantly)



And something cute:



Little does he know, this is only acceptable for a short while longer.

Wish we could all sit around in our diapers and point to our privates in a confused manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment