Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Dinner, Dance Moms, and Simple Living

So I got home, sat down with my dinner, and Dance Moms on TV, and decided right now would be a good time for another blog.

Yes. That IS my dinner. Don't judge me. I'm 8 months pregnant, and had a crazy drunk lady at work not held me back from leaving to tell me her life's story, that would be a big fat Gelati from Rita's instead. 
Crazy drunk bitch. Don't get between a pregnant girl and her Rita's.

And YES I am eating in bed.
 Say something.

And don't judge me for watching Dance Moms either. It's addicting and a serious guilty pleasure. 

So as I sit here, eating my cheese filled pretzel watching Dance Moms, I begin to think about something that strikes me as interesting and always has (I noticed it a good bit at work tonight, so I figured it to be a good topic to write about).

Why is it that we, as a human race, find it necessary to constantly compare our situation to others and always, ALWAYS believe we have it worse? 
Do we WANT to have it worse off than others, or do we devalue the good in our lives that much that it's never enough to overcome the "shitty" parts. 

And I'm not innocent to it, I'll say that much. 

If you're confused, I'm talking about times when someone is talking about how bad their day was or how horrible of a tip they just got, and we automatically feel the need to jump in and tell that person how our day was worse or how we got a worse tip...

Is it to make them feel better about themselves? OR Is it to point out that WE have it worse?

And if it is to make them feel better, why don't we just say, "I'm really sorry that happened. What can I do to make you feel better?"

Why can't we just be happy with what's been given to us? Why must we always yearn for more?

Why can't we just live...

 simplistically?

No comments:

Post a Comment