Tuesday, March 13, 2012

We have a pond. Be jealous.

Sunday was Dean and I's 'get the house clean/yardwork/chore' day.

Dean did yardwork, while I made laundry detergent, and cleaned, and played on the computer. 

When I say yardwork, I mean he layed grass seed and worked on our pond in the back yard. Pond work has continued through today, and I have a feeling will continue probably through all summer. 

Here's how the pond looked when the people before us lived here and put it in.


It probably looked better at one point too. But this is the best old picture I could find. 

So then, the house sat empty for three years and the pond became overtaken by leaves. We worked on it last year, and had it looking pretty good, but once again, leaves overtook the entire property, including said pond. 

This is what our house looks like in the fall:
  
Yeahhhh.....

So Dean cleaned it all out, hooked up the massive filter we got from the dude with the turtle, and after some brilliant discussion, added blue rope lights. This is what it looks like today:


Now I'd like to point out how Ghetto our pond currently looks, in hopes of some suggestions of how to fix it. Dean and I are somewhat at a loss...


See what I mean? Pretty ghetto looking. I want it to be beautiful and people be like,
"Gee... I wonder how that works! How do they have such a beautiful pond and such awesome lights just hanging out there?!"

Yeah. So we need help people. 

Oh. This is what the pond looks like at night. 




It looks awesome at night! Because all the ghetto parts are hidden and the lights reflect in the water and it's pretty pretty.

Ok. So any and all suggestions are welcome. 

Please and thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment