Sunday, March 11, 2012

What do Rita's, a turtle, a bum, and Ruby Tuesday all have in common?

Why, they're all apart of my Saturday of course!

I wake up, get dressed, and get ready to make an hour and a half drive to MD to get a turtle. 

Only consolation? I was able to talk Dean into first stopping at Rita's to get me a Gelati. 

I'm still pissed at the drunk bitch that kept me from getting one the other night, so I made sure I got a large today.


YEAH BUDDY.

This made the first half hour of the drive TOTALLY worth it. 

Don't question why it took me a half hour to eat that. I like to savor and enjoy my Rita's. Will probably be asking for that once I give birth. 

Actually... 
Yes. Write it down. You come to visit me, you bring me a Gelati from Rita's, or you don't get to hold my kid.  Trust me, I won't forget.

So then we get the turtle. 

I'd like to point out that this is the twelfth turtle to join our family.
TWEL-UH-VE

It's gotten a little ridiculous. 

BUT. Dean's wanted a map turtle for a very long time, and this turtle is a map turtle and a rare one at that, and all the shit we got with it made the whole thing an offer I couldn't allow him to pass up.

Just give me the wife of the year medal right now, and everyone will be satisfied.

So meet Keiko (pronounced KEE-CO). Or however the dude spelled it. He named it. Not us.
And in honor of that dude, we're keeping it the same.

It was kind of sad actually. The guy was really nice, said he and his wife have two kids and are expecting their third soon, so he had to part with this turtle. He told Dean and I how he wanted a turtle for a long time, and got this guy as a gift, but now had to part with it for reason of third child, so he wanted to make sure it went to a good home that would take care of it (it did).

Not just did we get the turtle though. 

For less than $100, we got:

Turtle (typically $200 from pet store)
Tank (30 gal breeder tank... AKA not cheap)
Basking light and bulb (Also, NOT cheap)
Super Filter (New is like $300)
Parts for filter (NOT cheap either)
Extra accessories for in tank (Cheap, but they add up quickly)
Turtle Food (Cheap?)
And probably some other little things I'm forgetting

Basically, Dean just about wet himself of orgasmic turtle pleasure when we left the dude's house because of everything we got, and the price we got it for. 

So we leave the guy's house, and Dean apparently has to pee more than I do (told you he about wet himself...) and I'm hungry because it's been more than 15 minutes since I last ate, so we stop in at McDonalds. 

Dean and I race in to the bathroom, do our business and get down to ordering some delicious burgers and fries.

Best part?

As I was getting my coke for the day, a very tall, skinny, scary man approached Dean and asked for $1

Sorry dude, we don't carry cash.

He THEN proceeds to ask Dean to buy him a McDouble. Dean again apologizes and says we've already ordered and are about to leave. (LIE) 

So the bum left us alone and went to beg from another family. 

Needless to say when we got our food, we did sort of a walk/run to our car in case the bum followed us. (He didn't). But we're nervous little West Virginian white folk that get scared easily by harmless people.

My day concluded with an 8 hour shift at Good ole Ruby Tuesday.

Not much to say here. 
People ordered food and drinks.
I brought it to them.
They paid me.
They left.


I wish everyone looked this happy at my Ruby's...

Typically it looks more like this:


Except without Obama.

And more of a depressed/pissed off look.



Oh shit! I almost forgot! We turn clocks up tonight. So technically it's like 4am right now, but my clock says it's like 3 am. 

BS I tell you. BS!!!


Ok. Hope you enjoyed the recap of my Saturday! 
I'm sure you didn't


And don't forget. Rita's Gelati when I give birth.
I'm serious.



7 weeks, 4 days to go people. 7 weeks, 4 days...

No comments:

Post a Comment