Saturday, April 21, 2012

It's a Rainy Saturday

So, as my pregnancy dwindles down I thought I should put up a few comedic stories to share with everyone (while I still remember them!)

So here's one for today... I'll put more up each day as they come to me!

THE RED JUICE
One night, as Dean and I were getting into bed, I asked him if he would get me a drink. The loving husband that he is replied of course he would, and asked what I wanted. I replied Hawaiian Punch, and waited patiently. 
Now a small bit of background information. The bed that I was waiting patiently in at the time had a reversible comforter... brown on one side, white on the other. We typically slept with the brown side up, but for some reason this night, the white side was up.
Dean comes back and hands me a mug full of the Hawaiian Punch I had asked for. 
Immediately, I begin to cry. Not just cry, but ugly girl sob.
"What's wrong?!" Dean asked.
"Thhhee juicccccceeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!"
*Confused questionable look from Dean*
"It's REDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
(Mind you, I knew when I asked for it that the juice would be red...)
*Even more confused look from Dean*
"I... havvvveeee... reddddd... juicccccceeeee... in... our... whiteeee... bed!!!"
*sob sob sob sob sob*
Dean nervously laughs and tells me it's ok
"Youuuu thinkkkk I'm crazzzzzzyyyyyyyyyy"
*sob sob sob sob sob*
Dean: "maybe...  just a little bit"
*Dean runs away for fear of being hit*
I continue to sob for quite some time.




For an update from me, and having to do with now...

Yesterday I went and got a pedicure with a wonderful girl I worked with at Ruby's. I definitely needed my feet fixed before they were stuck in the air and in the midwife's face for hours.


Obviously, I went blue for my little boy.

I came home and sat on the front porch while Dean did yard-work, and soon my mother-in-law came by for a visit. 
After going to Pizza Hut for lunch, we all decided we could go for a drive and some ice cream (twist my arm right?)


Cotton candy explosion. One of my favorite flavors. It's cotton candy with mini chocolate chips in it. Planning to come and visit me and the baby (in the hospital OR at home)? Bring me some of this, and I won't mind letting you hold him. 

So once we finished our ice cream, I mentioned something along the lines of, "Let's go walk this baby out!" So we went to Antietam Battlefields. First, we climbed this giant tower that had 70 stairs (I counted), and then proceeded to take a walk around the battlefields that was somewhere close to 1-2 miles, up and down hills.


View from atop the tower.
It was stunning to say the least.

*Warning to those who don't want to hear it... I'm about to get REAL personal. But don't say I didn't warn you. This comes with the territory of being pregnant and about to give birth*

So we come home, and of course, I've been out for a while, so the first thing I have to do is use the bathroom. 

Blood. 

That's right. I said it. Blood. 

Just a small spot on the TP at first, then there was a good bit more about an hour. Enough that it worried me a bit and I called my midwife. 

She called me back right away and after asking me a few questions, she determined it was normal. As long as it didn't pick up to a heavy bleed like a period, there was no concern. BUT she did tell me that if I was concerned enough, she'd be happy to meet me at the hospital and check me out, and monitor it for a few hours. 
I decided that I could very well do the same thing right here at home, without having to be billed for it. 
So I laid back, kicked my feet up, and drank about 4 glasses of water in a two hour period. 
The bleeding has continued about the same amount, I really just notice it when I go to the bathroom, so I'm taking it as my body is getting ready to evict the little parasite that's been living inside me for 10 months, also known as: my adorable son.

Today, I've felt like I'm about to get my period. Like the day before a girl gets her period, she knows it's coming, because there's some minor cramping, the fatigue is downright unbearable, and the GI tract is all "HEY!! We HATE you!! And BECAUSE we hate you, we're going to make you poop ALL DAY LONG!! So take THAT!"
I haven't had any contractions, just some back pain and a little crampy...

I'm told everything I'm feeling and going through is completely normal and a good sign. So maybe baby soon?

One can only hope!

By the way... I told you it was about to get personal! 
Just wait until I write my birth story...
Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment