Saturday, April 7, 2012

Who knew a Baby Shower could relate to Easter?

Today I had my baby shower at work. 

The love that Dean, Baby Dean and I were shown is simply overwhelming. 

We received SO many goodies like clothes, diapers, blankets, toys, AND our car seat, stroller, and a COACH diaper bag.

The blazer was PACKED full. PACKED.

I cried sobbed the entire way home because I feel SO loved by all these wonderful people. I've only known them for a year now, and they love us SO much they are willing to do as much as they can for us. 

But this isn't limited to the people I work with. 

Our friends and family have helped us SO much already it seriously touches my heart. Just to walk by our nursery and peek in and see all of the amazing things we have because of everyone brings a smile to my face. 
I don't know how I will ever repay or thank everyone enough to make them realize just how much it means to me.

Tomorrow is Easter, and with everything I just said, it intensifies my feelings even more. 

When I woke up this morning, I read this and it really hit me:
"As Easter approaches, be confident today that God wants to do a new thing in your heart. He wants to give you a new beginning"

Even though this is pretty obvious, Dean and I's new beginning started 9 months ago. We can't wait to welcome our son into the world and share with him not only our love and the love of our friends and family, but God's love. 

God's love is so powerful it sends weakness to my knees. To have sent his only son here to earth to be brutally crucified to save us from our sins, is just, overwhelming. I worry that when I sleep and roll the wrong way I may hurt Baby Dean and I start to freak out, but God knew what he was doing. He knew exactly how Jesus' journey would end, and he meant for it to be this way. To save us. US! We as people that don't pay attention to him nearly as much as we should. That don't thank him, and recognize him when that's all we SHOULD be doing. Jesus saved our souls so that we may live for all of eternity, and we need to remember that. Especially this Easter. Forget the candy, and the baskets, and dying eggs. This is typically said at Christmas time, but I think now is just as good a time too...

Remember, the Reason for the Season

No comments:

Post a Comment