Thursday, April 12, 2012

Week 37!

Today I am 37 weeks pregnant. 
Full Term. 
Bring on the labor & delivery!

We had a doctor appointment this morning, and well no new major news...

We found out I tested positive for Group B Strep. Joy. 
I know it's found naturally in women and I did nothing to get it, but I still feel dirty because of it. 
And all that means is they will have to give me a full dose of penicillin every 4 hours of labor through my IV. 
My mid-wife told me it burns going in.
*side eye*
Like I won't be in enough pain at that time anyway...

I still haven't gained any weight. And I was told there is no concern as long as I'm not a vomit comet or poop shoot... neither of which I happen to be.  

Yesterday, Dean and I took our coupons and gift cards and went and bought the rest of the stuff we needed for Baby Dean but didn't have. A Swing, Pack & Play, Bottles, Diaper Genie, Boppy, all in the mix. Today, we finished the nursery. Everything is together, in it's place, washed and ready for Baby Dean to make his arrival. It's definitely a big stress relief. 

There's still a big wall in the nursery that is blank, and I'd like to hang something on it, but if we don't get it, it's not a big deal. We have the major parts. 

All I have left to do is pack the hospital bag, and keep cleaning!!

Baby Dean's future girlfriend was born on Monday. She is the most precious newborn baby in the world (for the time being of course!) Holding her just made me even more excited to be holding my own son so shortly. I really think the waiting is going to be the WORST part of the pregnancy. 

Here's to hoping it goes by quick!

No comments:

Post a Comment