Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Week 36 Update

This morning we had another doctor appointment. 

For being 36 weeks pregnant:
 I still have only gained 23 pounds (haven't gained any weight in a month)
Am right on track with where I should be measuring (IDIOTS!)
Baby is head down and ready to go!

I start seeing my midwives every week now, so that's fun. They didn't check my cervix for effacement or dilation today, but they did give me the "Group B Strep Test"which wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

I asked if they had a more exact measurement of baby from my last ultrasound, and I still got the, "average size for 34 weeks!" (which is what I was when I had the ultrasound)...

So everything seems great and normal and super. 

More exciting news! Dean and I got a new car yesterday! We traded in my Scion (*tear* I LOVED that car) and got a Chevy Blazer. The dealership paid off my Scion, and we got a loan for the Blazer, paying less a month than we did, no money down AND on a 3 year term. Our insurance also went down! Holla!
Even though the Blazer will cost us a little more in gas, it's MUCH better for toting around a baby, not to mention just being an all around better family car. 

My last day at work is this coming Sunday (also why I'm not worried about a gas guzzler, Bambi the Blazer will sit and chill unless I have to go to the store or something). I work Friday night, have my baby shower with the girls at work Saturday, then work Sunday and I'm officially done! I'm pretty excited to get off my feet and finish getting everything prepared for the baby, but at the same time, I WILL miss the people I work with. A bunch of them I have become pretty good friends with, and will miss seeing them (at least weekly).

 It's weird to think that while my money making job ends Sunday, my job as a house-wife/stay-at-home-mom/House Manager (as I like to call it) starts Monday. What's even more weird to think is that in a week I will be "Full Term". I will have a child anywhere from now to 5 weeks from now (they won't induce me until I'm two weeks past my due date). As long as that seems, it was a LOT longer at the beginning. 

So I think that's it for this update. I'll let you know more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment